Tips for Avoiding Many Common Personal Injuries
Murphy's Law claims that anything that can go awry will go awry. And our team can attest to this: In our practice, we understand that driving, sports, medicine accidents, and more may contribute to a complainant exploring personal injury case opportunities. But, usually, these accidents can be bypassed or minimized. So our personal injury attorney in Orlando has compiled some safety tips that align with typical injury cases we work with in the hopes that they might help stop potential harm or injury.
Dodging auto accidents
- Be sure you service your car routinely and stay on top of any manufacturer warranties or recall updates.
- Follow traffic laws and be aware of weather conditions.
- Keep your automobile clean, so you have a detailed view through the windows and mirrors.
- Never drive when tired, under the influence, or texting.
- Be certain to use child safety seats, and confirm they're installed and operating perfectly. (Most fire stations will install and help you check car seats.)
Averting slips and falls
- As with driving, bypass walking too much when under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and don't text and walk.
- Bypass walking down dark or poorly lit sidewalks or paths.
- Be aware of your footing and surroundings in inclement weather.
- Secure rugs and loose panels on your property and home, and maintain electrical cords clear from high-traffic areas.
- Confirm your home's bath mats and rugs are secure and slip-proof when damp.
- Pay close attention to safety signs or construction areas that might cross your path.
Preventing accidental overdose
- Maintain regular medical check-ups to confirm that any ongoing medications are adjusted properly. And make sure your physician is aware of all medications and vitamins you are taking, both prescription and over-the-counter medicines.
- Carefully read directions on OTC drugs, and stick to prescriptive instructions.
- Never take somebody else's prescription medicine.
- When accepting a new medicine, be sure to ask your physician or pharmacist about side effects to look for and other drugs or foods that may interact with it.
Reducing exercise injuries
- Be certain you have the correct fitting and proper protective equipment for the sport you're participating in.
- Warm up and cool down after to help your body safely accommodate between states of rest and activity.
- Make certain you know and comprehend cycling road rules and etiquette or the sport's regulations of the game you're partaking in.
- Be aware of your teammates or other cyclists near you.
- Don't partake in an activity if you feel under the weather, fatigued, or if you're already hurt.
- When working out at a gymnasium, ensure you understand how to use the equipment correctly and use a spotter, if required.
We understand that injuries can still occur no matter how much you try to prevent an accident. If that should transpire, know that you have resources to help you get the North Carolina-based legal help you require.
We're ready to help
We can help you act quickly and protect your rights if you're injured. We'll stand with you every step of the way to guarantee you understand your choices. Our personal injury attorney in Orlando will have your claim addressed within the dictated statute of limitations, assist you with paperwork, and help collect and preserve any pertinent evidence.